Income Protection

Income Protection Insurance is an important insurance product for most people as it is designed to provide protection in the event of a loss of income caused by a long-term illness or injury.

How does the policy work?

If you are unable to work due to long-term illness or injury, your income protection insurance policy will pay out a tax free monthly income to help compensate for your loss of earnings. The maximum amount of benefit you can receive is based on a percentage of your gross earnings (usually around 50% of your pre-tax income).  These monthly payments will continue until you are fit enough to return to work or until the end of the policy term if you do not recover.

Most of us live from one payday to the next and we need this regular income to cover monthly commitments.  Even those who have savings could encounter financial hardship if they lose these regular payments for more than a couple of months.

If you are an employee and you fall ill, your employer might pay you your full pay for a few weeks or months.  After that, you would probably have to rely on state benefits and this is often when the real financial problems start.  This is where Income Protection Insurance comes in.

Income Protection Insurance can be tailored to suit your individual needs.  For example, it is possible to alter the period before the policy starts to pay out (known as the deferment period), how much the benefits are and how long they last.  Your premiums will vary based on these factors, so you need professional advice to ensure that the policy provides the cover you require at a price you can afford.

This type of cover will not pay out in the event of being made Redundant, but see our Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance section.

Stamp Duty Calculator

Please note: This calculator is provided as a guide only.

Stamp Duty Due

Mortgage Calculator

Monthly Repayments


Really easy to deal with. Straight forward, very efficient and everything explained. Made a somewhat stressful time much easier for me.
Cindy BrennanDaventry

Central Financial Services is a trading style of Central Financial Services (UK) Ltd which is an appointed representative of HL Partnership Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The precise amount will depend on your circumstances but we estimate it will be £250. Your home(property) may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. Please note Buy to Let mortgages are not regulated by the FCA. Registered in England and Wales Reg. 8807671 Registered Address: 170 Halton Road, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6NZ.