Help to Buy Scheme
Whether you are a First Time Buyer or looking to move home, the government-backed Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme could be of assistance.
About Help to Buy
- Help to Buy is available to homeowners as well as first time buyers.
- You will only need a minimum of a 5% deposit.
- Available on New Build homes in England up to the value of £600,000.
- No annual household income limit.
- Help to Buy is only available on new build properties through certain approved and participating house builders.
- The government will lend you up to 20% of the value of the property through an equity loan, which will be interest free * for the first 5 years and can be repaid at any time or on the sale of your house.
- You will only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage.
Central Financial Services have developed close relationships with a number of house builders that participate in this scheme. Our advisers arrange mortgages for many of their customers under the Help to Buy scheme and our knowledge of this specialised market means we are ideally placed to help establish whether this could be a good option for you.
For further information on the Help to Buy Scheme please call one of our advisers today who will be happy to explain how this new scheme could assist you in buying your new home.
*In the 6th year, you’ll be charged a fee of 1.75% of the loan value. After this, the fee will increase every year. The increase is calculated using the Retail Prices Index plus 1%.